I was reading an email that was sent through to me and came across the following:
At 99 degrees water is hot...
At 100 degrees it boils...
With boiling water comes steam...
And steam can power a locomotive...
And it's that one extra degree that
Makes all the difference...
This got me thinking "what are the slight edges that we experience or observe?"
Here is a list of what I have come up with...
• Planning our day, getting the right things done at the right time
• Exercise, which gives us more energy and clarity
• Communicating effectively, so our message is received as intended
• Displaying empathy for a person, so they feel understood
• Listening, real listening, which avoids misunderstanding and allows for empathy
• Setting and achieving goals, moving forward consciously
• Delegating effectively, so you can focus on the right tasks and develop those around you
• Being self aware, so you know what to improve on, and are able to demonstrate self control
• Being able to build rapport, and make a lasting impression
Developing our skills allows us to put into practice the slight edges that come our way, and to move from ordinary to extraordinary.
What can you do to have the 'slight edge'?
Time Management - Communication Skills - Leadership Skills - Presentation Skills - Emotional Intelligence - Customer Service
All courses are customised, so the training is relatable for participants and "real learning' takes place.